2.04.2011

Love, Like a Spring.

What can the Lord deny us after giving us Jesus?
If we need all things in heaven and earth,
he will grant them to us:
for if there had been a limit anywhere, he would have kept back his own Son.

What do I want today?
I have only to ask for it.
I may seek earnestly, but not as if I had to use pressure,
and extort an unwilling gift from the Lord's hand;
for he will give freely...
He freely gave his Only-begotten;
and, O my soul, canst thou not trust thy heavenly Father to give thee anything, to give thee everything?

Thy poor prayer would have no force with Omnipotence if force were needed; but his love, like a spring, rises of itself, and overflows for the supply of all thy needs.

Romans 8:32 "He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?"

-C.H. Surgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment