7.17.2012

Camping and Other Miscellany.

Well, we're sold.  'Car' camping was a total hit.
The weather was cool.  There were (almost) zero bugs.  The scenery was amazing.  The company was superb (We got to spend the time with three other families).  Even the food was good!  And all of the kids survived (no small feat with three four-and-under's).

I think this kind of trip will be on repeat for about the next 15 years.  It's cheap, and amazing change of pace, and there's just so much to explore....

Trillium Lake, you haven't seen the last of us.

Besides that.....I think summer is finally here to stay.  (Sigh of relief).  We are coming up on one whole year of life in Oregon.  That's had me reflecting on God's goodness to us, even amidst our lack of faith at times.  I still have many days where Tennessee feels more like 'home'....and yet every time I get out for a while and explore or run errands, I come home to Dave saying "I love our city."

Other Miscellany?
I've been thinking about how I want to get this right.
I've been having date-night withdrawals.  It's been too long!  (not complaining....just sayin'.....I love date nights!).  When last night's plan fell through, plan B ended up consisting of sushi and The Godfather (which I have never seen).  I also am looking forward to seeing this.  Here's to more date nights in!

1 comment:

  1. You seem to be coping with "homesickness" the way I do. I get out and go do something....usually a hike or running after kids while JT fishes ;)

    ReplyDelete