11.28.2011

Thankful.

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.
Romans 5:6

For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the Word of God and prayer. 1 Timothy 4:4-5

I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving. Psalm 69:30

What a beautiful holiday. I am refreshed down to the bone.....

I can't think of the last time I spent a holiday at home, breaking from many facets of life's routine, and just enjoying our local extended family, brunch with friends, and loads of family time. And what a sweet tradition....that everything is coated in a spirit of thankfulness. I want to be more like that all the time! I want that sense of gratitude to linger in my heart! I think it might be my favorite holiday if it weren't for celebrating the Savior at Christmas and Easter.

Anywho:). It was surely nice. We read a month's collection of thankful notes Thursday night with the kids....
and ate all the yummy stuff with family....
and went here (but more on that later).
May gratitude linger for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment