10.18.2011

Sowing Tears.

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalm 126:5

Weeping times are suitable for sowing: we do not want the ground to be too dry. Seed steeped in the tears of earnest anxiety will come up all the sooner...Instead of stopping our sowing because of our weeping, let us redouble our efforts because the season is so propitious...

Come, then, my heart, sow on in thy weeping, for thou hast the
promise of a joyful harvest. Thou shalt reap. Thou, thyself, shalt see some result of thy labour. This shall come to thee in so large a measure as to give thee joy, which a poor, withered, and scanty harvest would not do. When thine eyes are dim with silver tears, think of the golden corn. Bear cheerfully the present toil and disappointment; for the harvest day will fully recompense thee.

- C.H. Spurgeon

..............

Shall I take from Your hand Your blessings
Yet not welcome any pain

Shall I thank You for days of sunshine
Yet grumble in days of rain
Shall I love You in times of plenty
Then leave You in days of drought
Shall I trust when I reap a harvest
But when winter winds blow, then doubt

Are You good only when I prosper
And true only when I’m filled
Are You King only when I’m carefree
And God only when I’m well
You are good when I’m poor and needy
You are true when I’m parched and dry
You still reign in the deepest valley
You’re still God in the darkest night

-Mark Altrogge

No comments:

Post a Comment