12.02.2010

Family Tree Night


Last night is one of my favorites of the year. There's nothing original or creative about it at all, but it's nice being together as a family and being intentional to create some tradition and enjoy the things this season offers. We started making a night of it when EC was born, and it's already to so fun to see how her awareness level and enjoyment of things like this has changed within three years. I have visions of the day when she will anticipate getting the tree because she remembers the year before (and visions of the day where she will probably roll her eyes at having to decorate it....but hopefully not!).

We stepped it up this year and went to a great little local nursery to get our tree. Last year we went to Home Depot. In the Rain. And put the tree in the back of the car. (Travesty.)
Then, Dave put up the lights, while EadieCate and I made cookies. Last year we made these Chai Tea Eggnog Cookies, (which I would highly recommend), and this year we just made some sugar cookie sandwiches with chocolate filling (this month's Country Living issue).
And dark hot chocolate.
Then, it was bedtime for the kiddos and a mini little date night for me and Dave to enjoy the lights. Isn't the best part of the whole thing getting to sit in a peaceful room only lit by the tree? Looking forward to many of those this month......

3 comments:

  1. Hey there!
    I just found your blog! I loved your print a few posts back, east tenn means home to me! My hubby is from eat tn, jefferson county. I checked your etsy site but i didn't see it in there. Anyways love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lar
    Whats up with the "Christmas tree face"

    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is ridiculously cozy. **reaches for hot cocoa**

    ReplyDelete