8.18.2010

Faith.

Thou hast taught me
that faith is nothing else than receiving thy kindness;
that it is an adherence to Christ, a resting on him,
love clinging to him as a branch to the tree,
to seek life and vigor from him.
I thank thee for showing me the vast difference
between knowing things by reason,
and knowing them by a spirit of faith.
By reason, I know that a thing is so; by faith I know it as it is.
I have seen thee by reason and have not been amazed.
I have seen thee as thou art in the Son
and have been ravished to behold thee.
I bless thee that I am thine in my Savior, Jesus.

"Belonging to Jesus" Valley of Vision

1 comment:

  1. Laura your blog is beautiful too. Thanks for stopping by mine.

    Love the name of your blog. And your kiddos are adorable.

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete